Weather & Field Status Update
All Fields currently OPEN (but see notes below) (Wednesday 4/29) 2:25 pm update
All fields are OPEN and all games are ON as scheduled. First games should stay off infield until the start of games to allow field maximum time to dry out. If we get more rain this afternoon, we will update but any decisions after 5:00 will be made at the fields.
As always, cages are open, but do not use them in the event of rain, lightning or dangerous, frigid or sloppy conditions. Thunder & Lightning Safety Plan
Thank You Team Sponsors!
Thunder & Lightning Safety Plan
Thunder & Lightning Safety Plan for NYO's Fields at Chastain Park.
* All play or practice is suspended
* All players, coaches, umpires, officials and spectators should leave the field and seek shelter immediately!
Move to a sturdy enclosed structure or a fully enclosed vehicle with the windows rolled up. No place is absolutely safe from a lightning threat, however some places are safer than others. Stay away from:
* Keep off of fields, common areas and any area of higher elevation.
* Avoid Tall isolated objects, such as flag poles, light poles or trees.
* Keep away all metal fences, bleachers and batting cages.
* Avoid all water and water fountains.
Safety is the number one consideration - common sense and good judgment should be used at all times.
Parents dropping off unattended children should have a safety plan in place for their child.
Do not return until the all clear is sounded – 3 quick 5 second horn blasts.
NOTE – For offsite NYO games or practices, umpires and coaches should follow the same safety guidelines if they hear thunder or see lightning. Play or practice shall not be resumed until there has been a minimum all clear period of 15 minutes – again common sense and good judgment should be used at all times.