Weather & Field Status Update
Fields Are CLOSED (except as noted below)
All baseball, softball and football fields at the park and off-site are now CLOSED for the season as we undergo field conversions and maintainence. The only excpetion is for sanctioned official post-season football pracitces on the football fields. Please keep off all other fields.
As always, cages are open, but do not use them in the event of steady rain, lightning or dangerous, frigid or sloppy conditions. Thunder & Lightning Safety Plan
Thank You Team Sponsors!
Thunder & Lightning Safety Plan
Thunder & Lightning Safety Plan for NYO's Fields at Chastain Park.
* All play or practice is suspended
* All players, coaches, umpires, officials and spectators should leave the field and seek shelter immediately!
Move to a sturdy enclosed structure or a fully enclosed vehicle with the windows rolled up. No place is absolutely safe from a lightning threat, however some places are safer than others. Stay away from:
* Keep off of fields, common areas and any area of higher elevation.
* Avoid Tall isolated objects, such as flag poles, light poles or trees.
* Keep away all metal fences, bleachers and batting cages.
* Avoid all water and water fountains.
Safety is the number one consideration - common sense and good judgment should be used at all times.
Parents dropping off unattended children should have a safety plan in place for their child.
Do not return until the all clear is sounded – 3 quick 5 second horn blasts.
NOTE – For offsite NYO games or practices, umpires and coaches should follow the same safety guidelines if they hear thunder or see lightning. Play or practice shall not be resumed until there has been a minimum all clear period of 15 minutes – again common sense and good judgment should be used at all times.