Weather & Field Status Update
Friday March 7 2:00 PM: All baseball games scheduled for tonight are ON AS SCHEDULED. Fields are closed until first game time.
All other baseball and softball fields will be open for scheduled practices (see warning below).
Please observe 40 degree rule at all times. Addtionally, if fields are soggy, avoid all damp areas or repetitve drills in the same area.
42°F, Windchill: 38°F
Wind: 6 mph W
Visibility: 0 mi
pressure: 30.1 in rising
Sunrise: 6:56 am
Sunset: 6:38 pm
Hi: 69°F, Low: 46°F
Hi: 68°F, Low: 45°F
Hi: 71°F, Low: 50°F
Hi: 72°F, Low: 55°F
Hi: 68°F, Low: 39°F
Thunder & Lightning Safety Plan
Thunder & Lightning Safety Plan for NYO's Fields at Chastain Park.
* All play or practice is suspended
* All players, coaches, umpires, officials and spectators should leave the field and seek shelter immediately!
Move to a sturdy enclosed structure or a fully enclosed vehicle with the windows rolled up. No place is absolutely safe from a lightning threat, however some places are safer than others. Stay away from:
* Fields, common areas and any area of higher elevation.
* Tall isolated objects, such as flag poles, light poles or trees.
* All metal fences, bleachers and batting cages.
* Unprotected open sided buildings like dugouts, picnic pavilions, rain shelters, tents, or any covered rest area.
* All water and water fountains.
Safety is the number one consideration - common sense and good judgment should be used at all times.
Parents dropping off unattended children should have a safety plan in place for their child.
Do not return until the all clear is sounded – 3 quick 5 second horn blasts.
NOTE – For offsite NYO games or practices, umpires and coaches should follow the same safety guidelines if they hear thunder or see lightning. Play or practice shall not be resumed until there has been a minimum all clear period of 20 minutes – again common sense and good judgment should be used at all times.