Weather & Field Status Update
Currently All Fields are CLOSED
All fields are now CLOSED as we begin our transition to the fall sport season. Please refrain from the use of all fields as this is also a key period of non-use to allow field the time to recover from the busy spring and summer seasons. Fields will re-open at the beginning of the football/fall baseball/fall fastpitch seasons. If you see anyone using the fields, please encourage them to move off the fields and follow these guidelines.
As always, cages are open, but do not use them in the event of rain, lightning or dangerous, frigid or sloppy conditions. Thunder & Lightning Safety Plan
87°F, Windchill: 87°F
Wind: 8 mph NW
Visibility: 0 mi
pressure: 30.14 in steady
Sunrise: 7:03 am
Sunset: 8:14 pm
Hi: 93°F, Low: 75°F
Hi: 95°F, Low: 75°F
Hi: 88°F, Low: 72°F
Hi: 85°F, Low: 67°F
Hi: 87°F, Low: 67°F
Thunder & Lightning Safety Plan
Thunder & Lightning Safety Plan for NYO's Fields at Chastain Park.
* All play or practice is suspended
* All players, coaches, umpires, officials and spectators should leave the field and seek shelter immediately!
Move to a sturdy enclosed structure or a fully enclosed vehicle with the windows rolled up. No place is absolutely safe from a lightning threat, however some places are safer than others. Stay away from:
* Fields, common areas and any area of higher elevation.
* Tall isolated objects, such as flag poles, light poles or trees.
* All metal fences, bleachers and batting cages.
* Unprotected open sided buildings like dugouts, picnic pavilions, rain shelters, tents, or any covered rest area.
* All water and water fountains.
Safety is the number one consideration - common sense and good judgment should be used at all times.
Parents dropping off unattended children should have a safety plan in place for their child.
Do not return until the all clear is sounded – 3 quick 5 second horn blasts.
NOTE – For offsite NYO games or practices, umpires and coaches should follow the same safety guidelines if they hear thunder or see lightning. Play or practice shall not be resumed until there has been a minimum all clear period of 20 minutes – again common sense and good judgment should be used at all times.