The NYO Cheer program is a fantastic complement to our football program in the fall. Our cheer squads consist of girls ages 7 through 11, and they cheer in our Bigs Football League. The cheer season begins with a three-day clinic conducted by in a SNAP Cheerleading. After the clinic, teams average three events per week (practices and games). The program focuses not only on cheer, but also stunting and dance. Towards the end of October, our cheer program hosts the NYO Cheer Off, a friendly competition where our young ladies show off their skills in team centered routines.
In conjunction with NYO’s mission, our cheer program emphasizes character development, sportsmanship, healthy competition, and positive coaching.
2018 NYO Cheer Key Dates
- NYO Cheer Registration: Opens on May 5th
- NYO Season Kick-Off Cheer Clinics: Wednesday, August 15 and Thursday, August 16 from 5-7pm.
- NYO Cheer 2018 Parent Meeting: Wednesday, August 15 from 7-7:15pm.
- NYO Cheer 2018 squads announced Thursday, August 16 at 7pm.
- NYO Cheer-Off: Sunday, November 4th at 2pm